Evangelism & New Churches (formerly known as the Board of Diocesan Mission, The Department of Evangelism and Evangelism Ministries) exists under an Ordinance of the Synod. Its purpose is ‘to advance the evangelistic purposes of the Diocese, including through the planting of new congregations and fellowships in the Diocese’ (Department of Evangelism & New Churches Ordinance 2010). Under the Ordinance the Board may fulfil this object by:
- resourcing churches and parishes to evangelise, including through the planting of new congregations in the Diocese, and
- identifying, training, supporting and appointing suitably gifted persons to evangelise, including through the planting and leading of new fellowships in the Diocese.
Aims & Objectives
Evangelism & New Churches (ENC) is currently active in five areas:
- establishing and supporting new fellowships and evangelists;
- raising up evangelists and providing outstanding training opportunities for them;
- building a coaching practice to encourage Rectors to think evangelistically;
- undertaking cross-cultural evangelism among the major ethnic communities; and
- enhancing evangelistic opportunities through the use of Community Chaplains.